Organisation: Olam Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Vice President – Agronomy Head Coffee Plantations
Olam Uganda Ltd is a subsidiary of Olam International which is a leading global integrated supply chain manager and processor of agricultural products and food ingredients, supplying various products across 16 platforms in 70 countries. In Uganda, we trade in Coffee, Cotton, Cocoa, and Sesame. Olam is one of the world’s largest coffee companies, with over 25 years in the business and a strong presence in almost all large coffee-producing regions. We provide a comprehensive supply chain solution that links millions of coffee growers to our roaster clients. Over the past five years, Olam has moved upstream in the supply chain and established coffee plantations in Latin- America, Africa and Asia.
Job Summary: The Data Analyst will provide analytical and technical support to Olam’s global coffee plantation team. Data on crop performance, plant health, plant nutrition and environmental parameters are regularly collected, but improved capture, organization, analysis and use of this data is required to strengthen our performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will use tools and approaches to capture, organize, store and mine complex and diverse data originating from coffee plantations across the world.
- Provide support to establish well-managed (online) databases with interface tools such as dashboards that allow data visualization by the plantation team colleagues and provide decision-support on plantation management.
- The Data Analyst will also strengthen the (online) data capture and analytics capacity of the coffee team members to improve data quality and processing speed.
- Provide support in writing summary reports/updates with actionable items in support of the coffee teams at plantation and global level.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Data Analyst job opportunity must hold a Master’s degree in the areas of statistics, agronomics or related fields.
- At least three years of post-graduate experience
- Proven knowledge of R (or similar statistical packages)
- Working knowledge and experience with building user interfaces for (mobile) data capture and (online) data visualization.
- Proven experience with reporting
- Extensive experience with handling agronomic data is considered an advantage
- Experience with GIS software (e.g. QGIS) is an advantage.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to travel upcountry and outside the country when needed
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters explaining their suitability for the post including three professional referees to; [email protected]; and [email protected] Please send an updated CV and don’t attach academic documents. The attachments should not exceed 2 MBs.
Deadline: 28th April 2017 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline