Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) Uganda
contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and
improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by
HIV infection and disease.
HIV/AIDS epidemic control activities through a Health Systems Strengthening
approach in Soroti Region, covering 8 districts of Soroti, Kaberamaido (Cluster
1), Katakwi, Amuria (Cluster 2), Serere, Kumi, Bukedea and Ngora (Ouster 3). In
addition, TASO will be implementing accelerated HIV/AIDS epidemic control
activities through a Health Systems Strengthening approach in Masaka and
Kalungu districts, as a Sub-recipient under the Masaka Region Rakai Health
Sciences Program (RHSP) Consortium funded by PEPFAR through CDC.
provide support to the TASO Soroti Region Consortium team for effective project
implementation and post-award management of the project sub-grantee portfolio
within the region. The jobholder will support the implementation, evaluation
and learning with respect to key sub-grantees and in line with TASO’s
- Provide technical support/coaching and mentoring in relation to grant management, audit, accounting provided
- Align financial supporting documents, budgeting and assessing budget proposal
- Handle all requests for grant disbursement
- Grant documents compiled and filed
- Ensure that the financial system is properly assessed
- Input/advice in grant management, and sub-grantee budget proposal assessment provided.
- Carry out field visits with partners to follow-up on the use of grants disbursed
- Provide technical support on financial management and accounting capacities, policy improvements and compliance to donor regulations and guidelines
- The ideal candidate for the CDC Project Grants Management Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Qualitative Economics, Public Administration, International Development, Grants Management, Accounting and Finance or a related discipline.
- One to three years of professional experience in grant management or international development.
- Excellent organizational skill with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Previous experience managing budgets and cost projections.
- Demonstrated ability managing, and guiding project staff and partners regarding a variety of donors’ rules and regulations (i.e. USG, PEPFAR etc.)
- Previous experience with US government donors a plus including a working knowledge of USG rules and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in multi-disciplinary working environment.
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented, and a team player.
- Computer literacy skills with word processing
- The applicant should have lived and worked in a rural setting is strongly preferred.
letter, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three
referees. All interested Candidates MUST attach a fully filled Application
here, or pick it from any TASO Centre and register in the applications
staple your papers together only short listed candidates will be contacted.
2017 by 4:30pm