station in Uganda. We are a subsidiary
of the Nation Media Group, which is East & Central Africa’s largest
(Luganda) will thoroughly research, interpret and communicate news and public
affairs in the most in-depth and insightful manner. The jobholder will investigate
deeply into cases of special interest and stories that pertain to a wide range
- Investigate breaking news developments, such as unique phenomena, disasters, crimes, or stories of human interest.
- Research and analyze background information related to stories to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gather incisive and in-depth information through research, interviews and crucial news sources or leads
- The jobholder will also research and report on specialized fields such as medicine, science and technology, politics, foreign affairs, sports, arts, consumer affairs, business, religion, crime or education.
- Develop ideas or material for features or commentaries by analyzing and interpreting news, current issues, or personal experiences.
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Basic University degree
- A minimum of two years of investigative journalism experience with demonstrated results
- Ability to handle cameras (will be an added advantage)
- Possess a superb voice intonation, diction and articulate vocals
- Comprehensive knowledge of current affairs
- Excellent analytical, research, and investigative skills
- Ability to build and maintain a presence for your personal brand on social media
- Significant experience in scripting, packaging and making key decisions on story aesthetics
then feel free to send your Capability Statement (2 pages max) together with
your updated CV to the under signed;