Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia,
Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional nubs in Southern and
Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively. Working with and
through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health
Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic
right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of
people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities. Our Vision is
Lasting Health Change in Africa.
will drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information)
and check the mechanical condition of the vehicle regularly and act in
accordance with Amref Health Africa policies and procedures for efficient and
effective service delivery
- The ideal candidates for one of the 5 AMREF Driver jobs must hold Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or an equivalent certificate
- A certificate/qualification in Transport Management will be an added advantage
- Possession of a certificate in Defensive Driving is mandatory
- Possess a valid driving permit. Possession of more than Class B will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five years’ experience in driving with various types of vehicles with the NGO sector.
- Basic Knowledge in all areas of service and repair of vehicles and maintenance equipment
- Knowledgeable about the Highway Code
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Knowledgeable in 4X4 (4WD), contingency planning and route security awareness
- Basic knowledge in First Aid and Fire Safety Management will be an added advantage
- Basic knowledge in MS Word and Excel.
professional referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources
Manager, Amref Health Africa in Uganda via Email to:
[email protected] Emails should not exceed 2MB.