Humanity International (HFHI)
Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International
is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make
decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all
backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families
in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in
Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area
Office bases of operations in Manilla, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific
work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and
Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
National Director will be responsible for overseeing HFHU’s day to day
operations while growing the scope & quality of grant-funded programmes.
- Manage and support programme management & grant compliance.
- Convene regular Grant Review Meetings to maintain the alignment of programme implementation & spending.
- The jobholder will also maintain operational oversight of all programmes consistent with the established policy environment & delegation of authority.
- Prepare, compile and review programme & operational reports – financial & narrative – as required.
- Oversee proposal development initiatives – including necessary technical staff in the process as required.
- Conducting feasibility studies for new programs as necessary.
- Actively participate in the monitoring & evaluation of HFHU programs.
- Actively participate as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Deputize for the National Director in their absence.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as directed by the National Director in alignment with the organizations’ mandate.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field – Master’s preferred. Postgraduate training in project planning & management an asset.
- At least seven years’ experience in a similar role.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of housing issues in Uganda, particularly in relation to health & development. Technical knowledge in specific housing sectors an asset.
- Demonstrated success in securing major grants and managing donor relations.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the financial management of grants and key donor requirements.
- Demonstrated analytic capacity and writing ability at a superior level.
- Significant experience including the design of logical frameworks for complex, multi-year projects.
- Prior experience in programme evaluation at both outcome & impact level.
- Demonstrated ability to implement vision, think strategically, creatively problem solve, exercise good judgement and champion change.
- Computer literacy skills with strong knowledge of MS Office applications, spread sheets, database programs, and statistical software packages.
- The candidate should be mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Ugandan Nationals preferred
sending a cover letter articulating your motivation, a detailed CV with three
referees and copies of relevant academic credentials via email to:
candidates may be asked to submit a writing sample in advance of the interview.