go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while
selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods,
water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing
less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through
networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand,
buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible
prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from
the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is
creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of
Officer will project manage the setting up of all new offices and branches
including budget setting, checklist timelines, lease negotiation, build out and
branding, setting up of the offices and warehouses, computer systems, solar,
racking, and security.
- Project manage the setting-up of all new offices and branches including budget setting, checklist timelines, lease negotiation, build out and branding, setting up of the offices and warehouses, computer systems, solar, racking, and security.
- The incumbent will also ensure all Living Good facilities (branches, head office and warehouses) are fully compliant with all legal and licensing requirements.
- Act as the main point of contact for the landlords; track and ensure timely payments for leases per Tenancy Agreements.
- Ensure all Living Goods facilities are maintained in good order.Ensure a quarterlyreview of all facilities, and develop action plans to ensure that maintenance happens in a timely and cost effective way.
- Manage the timely and cost effective non stock procurement requirements to ensure the smooth operation of Living Goods Uganda facilities e.g. stationery and printing orders, tech orders, marketing purchases and staff uniforms etc.
- Assist the Logistics Manager in prequalifying and managing all service providers and contractors–including caterers, training venues, etc. – ensuring they are fit for purpose and deliver to the right quality and cost.
- Coordinate with any local government authorities on signage or other licensing requirements for branches.
- Manage all service providers for branches – utilities, security, pest control, etc., including developing RFPs, assessing quotes, and managing timely delivery of services.
- Serve as the point person for all branch maintenance issues, focusing on timely and cost effective maintenance, and tracking and reporting on activities.
- New branches set-up on time and to budget and to the right standard.
- Branches and offices are maintained in a proactive way so they are in good condition and serve as effective hubs for branch teams and CHPs.
- Turnaround time in responding to branch requests and resolving facility issues.
- The ideal candidate for the Living Goods Facilities Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Facilities, Logistics, Procurement, and Supply Chain Management.
- At least three years’ experience in facilities management.
- Good project management and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving dynamic environment.
- Ability to deliver results as an individual and within a team.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to adapt communication to different stakeholders.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Excel and data analysis.
- Ability to travel across Uganda at least 30% of the time to oversee facilities.
competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including
health insurance and bonus opportunity