Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help
meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full
potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories
to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on
reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all
Analyst will support UNICEF in ensuring that data from U-Report is analyzed and
compiled into clear, concise reports for use by key government and development
partners, civil society organizations, and media.
- Providing U-Report dashboards and training to Members of Parliament, as well as informing them of key findings from their Districts, to allow them to react directly to their constituents’ needs.
- In charge of monitoring of all incoming MP requests, informing the partnership team and guaranteeing reports are delivered to them as required.
- Preparing clear, concise data analysis and reports for use by key partners, including MPs and the media, throughout the Early Childhood Development media campaign.
- Organising, scheduling, optimizing and updating the U-Report Poll calendar in order to ensure integration with the Early Childhood Development campaign activities
- Tasked with the review and verification of U-Reporters recruited by partners to ensure their details are correctly captured by the system and allocated to their corresponding groups.
- Carrying out daily U-Report system tests to avoid malfunctions and making and technical recommendations to the developer team to ensure that the system performs to optimum capabilities and that new features are created to improve the speed of real-time data analysis functions.
- Offering technical guidance and training to the U-Report partners on the use of the system as well as managing partner’s dashboards and frequently updating them with evolving key words.
- Performing a pivotal role in identifying U-Reporter’s stories for media publications and avail them to the requesting partners for use.
- Work closely with government officials, especially District authorities, and other U-Report partners engaging directly with the U-Report dashboards and provide training and support for them in their efforts working with the U-Report system.
- Assist in programme monitoring and provide analysed community feedback of Irish Aid primary education programmes based in Karamoja.
- Support the efforts to integrate the U-Report programme with UNICEF sections across Alive, Safe and Learning.
- Work closely with relevant Output Managers to ensure the utilization of U-Report data
- Perform any other tasks to ensure the success of U-Report.
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNICEF Data Analyst, U-Report consultancy opportunity should hold a University degree in Informational Technology, Statistics, Economics, Bioinformatics, or a related field as well as a track record of practical data analysis
- At least two years’ experience in a position that required practical data analysis and the creation of management reports, preferably but not limited to development sectors
- Previous experience using online dashboards for data analysis
- Expert level experience of using Microsoft Excel; familiarity with Tableau, R or Python is a plus
- Ability to learn a new technology platform (RapidPro); previous experience with RapidPro is a plus
- Broad knowledge and understanding of UNICEF programmes and policy, including knowledge of technology for development (T4D) programs.
- Good understanding of development issues, world affairs and current events
- Proven ability to conceptualise, plan and execute ideas as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
- Previous experience of working within teams.
- Strong writing and communication skills and the aptitude to handle advanced data integrity tests.
- Fluency in written and verbal English is essential.
to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates
are strongly encouraged to apply. UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
join the United Nations UNICEF in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to
apply online at the link below.