Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) Uganda
and Treatment Manager
contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and
improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by
HIV infection and disease.
HIV/AIDS epidemic control activities through a Health Systems Strengthening
approach in Soroti Region, covering 8 districts of Soroti, Kaberamaido (Cluster
1), Katakwi, Amuria (Cluster 2), Serere, Kumi, Bukedea and Ngora (Ouster 3). In
addition, TASO will be implementing accelerated HIV/AIDS epidemic control
activities through a Health Systems Strengthening approach in Masaka and
Kalungu districts, as a Sub-recipient under the Masaka Region Rakai Health
Sciences Program (RHSP) Consortium funded by PEPFAR through CDC.
responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction in the
forecasting, quantification, transportation, storage and management of Medical
supplies in the Soroti Region; working closely with Medical Access Uganda
Limited (MAUL), National Medical Stores (NMS), National Tuberculosis and
Leprosy Program (NTLP), the District Health Office and Ministry of Health
Regional Performance Monitoring Teams. The incumbent also provides technical
support to the procurement teams for procurement of pharmaceuticals, medical
devices and related equipments.
- Ensure the proper operation of Medical Stores for medical supplies in the Cluster Area,
- Up-to-date records using the WAOS system maintained;
- A healthy and safe work environment in the Medical
- World Health Organization (WHO) standards for temperature, humidity and light exposure in the warehouse ensured;
- Send timely quality reports and/or related deviation reports
- In charge of proper recording of medical supplies received ensured;
- Tasked with monitoring and reporting of compliance for Medical supplies
- Ensure regular checking-up of medical supplies in the Medical Store
- The ideal candidate for the CDC Project Pharmacy Logistics Advisor career opportunity should hold a Diploma in Pharmacy/Dispensing. Possession of a Degree in Pharmacy will be an added advantage
- Additional training in Forecasting, Quantification and Logistics and
- Comprehensive knowledge of Antiretroviral therapy and HIV/AIDS treatment guidelines
- A minimum of five years’ experience in pharmacy services, one of which should have been in administration and management of the medical supply chain operations;
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications
- Previous experience in the use of computers and an understanding of their use in inventory management and health applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in team working environment;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, sound judgment and demonstrated problem-solving skills;
- Ability to use the computer especially programs used by WAOS;
- Broad knowledge and skills in basic supply and financial procedures.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical laws and regulations;
- Knowledge of accounting, storekeeping and supply
- Knowledge of National Drug Authority (NDA) and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines in quality assurance of medicines and medical supplies.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
letter, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three
referees. All interested Candidates MUST attach a fully filled Application
here, or pick it from any TASO Centre and register in the applications
staple your papers together only short listed candidates will be contacted.
2017 by 4:30pm