High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly.
UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High
Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international
protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees
and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate
concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under
Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Reporting/Donor Relations Officer will ensure that the operations data
management team is providing accurate and up-to-date information in accordance
with donor requirements, management of tracking tables (donor earmarking vs.
OL, carry-overs, etc), tracking funding received by inter-agency partners,
follow-up with partners on any consortium approaches to proposal writing, and
ensure that the visibility strategy is followed by Sub/field offices and field
- This incumbent will assist the Donor Relations Officer in ensuring donor expectations are achieved with regard to transparency, accountability and anti-fraud mechanisms.
- The Assistant Reporting/Donor Relations Officer will ensure that all PPAs, mid-year, and year-end documents are collected and saved systematically for easy accessibility by the programme section.
- Follow-up with donors and partners to ensure that all funding received by partners operating in the refugee and refugee hosting context is recorded in a mapping document.
- Stay abreast with all developments in the operation, including Project Partnerships Agreements and MOUs with donors, to prepare appropriate reports;
- Support the office in consolidating and analysing data on programme implementation and indicators (nutrition; health; water, sanitation and hygiene) in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports, i.e. Mid-year reports, Year-end reports, donor reports;
- Prepare and distribute minutes/action points of the co-ordination meetings that are held periodically in the country of assignment;
- Ensure that operations data management team is providing accurate and up-to-date information in accordance with donor requirements;
- The jobholder will manage tracking tables (donor earmarking vs. OL, carry-overs, inter-agency RRP snapshots, other funding);
- Follow-up with partners on consortium approaches to proposal writing;
- Support the Donor Relations Officer in ensuring donor expectations are achieved with regard to transparency, accountability and anti-fraud mechanisms;
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Assistant Reporting/Donor Relations Officer job opportunity should hold a University degree in Social Sciences or related fields;
- At least four years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Knowledge of local, regional and national institutions;
- Proficiency in English and excellent knowledge of at least one local language.
- Highly analytical skills;
- Detailed knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities;
- Good drafting skills;
- Skills and knowledge in budget development;
- Knowledge of UNHCR results framework; and standards and indicators;
- Previous exposure and experience in dealing with partners; Communication skills.
- Innovation and Creativity
- Planning and Organizing
- Political Awareness
High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are
encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions
after reviewing the job details.